Sunday, March 14, 2010

Goodbye August Forster.............

Our old piano was sold on ebay today. Why is it sad to say goodbye to her ? The keys dont  all work , she is a bit battered & bruised (like that when we got it) . But she has been part of our lives for 6 years , my brother bought it for me from the trading post to learn on (which I did start when I had my first baby) and since they were able  my 7 & 3 year old sit at it a play most days. 
As we are renovating its time to make way for new carpet & a piano that is in tune with ALL the keys working. I went to a piano shop last week & the sales person played a piece for me on a brand new shiny Kawai !
 Bliss
I knew then it was time to say goodbye old girl....... 

2 comments:

  1. Oh shame... I hope she has gone to a lovely home! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it was sad to say goodbye to your old darling but just think of all the fabulous music you can make on your new piano! Leigh

    ReplyDelete

Love reading all of your comments.
Karyn x