Monday, April 22, 2013

Paint Me White , Annie Sloan Workshop



On Saturday I attended a Workshop at
Paint Me White 
learning to use Annie Sloan Chalk Paint


It was held at the new premises of Paint Me White at Mudgeeraba 
Sandy also has a store at the Woolloongabba Antique Centre


Here we all are , a lovely group of ladies.


I brought in this lovely ornate frame 


Look , no sanding , no primer required 
Straight into painting , no paint smell , gotta love that !!


I choose ' Louis Blue ' to Paint the frame.
I have a special spot at home for this which I will reveal another day !!



It was hard not to get distracted surrounded by all the interesting pieces in the store.
The 3 hours went so fast . We stopped to have a delicious morning tea that had been made by Sandys daughter Paige. Wish I had taken a photo of the delightful stand holding the yummiest egg sandwiches & the best caramel slice I have ever had ! ( I may have to pop back soon just to get the recipie )

  
I came home with two colours to start off with 
Paris Grey & Pure White ( of course ) 
Lots of great colours & different effects can be done with them.


Sandys Gold Coast store " Paint Me White " had its opening on Sunday
( I forgot to take a picture of the sign outside )
Which can be found at Mudgeeraba Village Shopping Centre , Swan Lane.
or online at www.paintmewhite.com

Karyn x





2 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds like sooo.. much fun. I love Sandy's work. Wish I lived in Queensland. Might just have to order some from Sandy anyway. Cant wait to see what you do! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it does look like fun. I love the frame you chose. I have seen that lots of people are using the chalk paint. I will have to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Love reading all of your comments.
Karyn x